- Purchase Rosie.
- Extract the zip file to your desktop.
- Copy the /system/expressionengine/third_party/rosie/ directory to your /system/expressionengine/third_party/ directory.
- Log into your ExpressionEngine control panel.
- Select Add-Ons → Modules.
- Select Install in the row for Rosie.
At this time, Rosie works with the Google Translate API and the Microsoft Translator API. As new translation services become available, we may include them if there is enough interest from the community.
Google Translate API
To use the Google Translate API, you will need to sign up for an API key.
Microsoft Translator API
To use the Microsoft Translator API, you will need a Client ID and Client secret. This walkthrough on signing up for Microsoft Translator and getting your credentials is helpful when trying to get started.
One major benefit of using the Microsoft Translator API is that Microsoft offers a free plan with up to 2,000,000 characters translated per month.